thinking ahead

seabird

Hi Neal,

I am still very happy with all the software (LBP+Palm Companion).

I am just wondering how to log my hours now. As you know (and I won't start all over) I log in minutes and this means decimals in LBP. I know that version 2.0 will provide me with a minutes option. So far so good.

How will upgrading to version 2.0 look at my logbook. Will it import my minutes because of my decimals (e.a. 1.33333 = 1:20)

or will it do so on OUT IN time (e.a. 11:00 12:20 = 1:20)

At this point I'm stuck between logging block times or just decimals, as version 1.7 will make hobs from logging OUT IN times.

I don't mean to rush to version 2.0 as I have no real need for it now (1.7 is working great) but do not wish to make a mistake logging now and then have to redo my log when switching because of small mistakes.

I think OUT IN time will be best as it is more accurate for a conversion.

Another thing I would like to see in the future is a more flexible jeppesen logbook report as in Adding/removing colums etc.)

Keep up the excellent work,

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Jacco,

You're always thinking aren't you? /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

The best option is going to get your times to the minute, whether to use OUT-IN or TO-Land. The next option will be a conversion of the hours.tenths to a minute value, but this is honestly still to be determined. I tell folks that the best thing to do now, if you are not going to use tenths in the next version is to be entering your OUT/IN and/or TO/LAND times, as this provides the by the minute best option.

Reports in version 2 will be significantly improved and more flexible, but I can't unveil any more than that right now! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Take it easy, fly safe!!!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hi Neal,

what else to do in your spare time but think,

anyways, I came in to correct myself AND to report a small problem...

I was wrong about the OUT IN section. This would only provide my conversion for duration but not all my flight data (ea a 1 hour flight can contain 30 minutes night and 15 min instrument)

The problem I'm experiencing is the fact that 1 hour and 15 minutes would be 1.25 hours. If I log OUT-IN time (ea 9:45 10:00) Logbook will not accept 1.25 as it is only 1.2 hobs and 1.25 is longer. This means I have to choose what to do.... (thinking again). According to JAR/FCL I have to log my OUT-IN time, but also log minutes. Is this fixable in a update? I understand that this would remove the safety feature you build in, but it would help us very much.

I'll go back to my thinking chair now......

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Jacco,

I haven't come to this bridge yet, there will naturally need to be a conversion each field, unless it matches that of duration, then it can be carried to the other fields with the same values. This will be well thought out when this time comes.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back