windows installer at program start

JWillbanks

Everytime I start Logbook Pro a window installer window comes up. It goes to second window that states "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'SHERMAN.MSI'.

I have to select cancel 2-3 times, then Logbook Pro loads. Then I have to select cancel 2 more times after Logbook Pro has loaded.

I have removed Logbook Pro 4 times from my computer and have re-downloaded the program all 3 possible ways. On the single file download selection it is listed as "lbproNoMsi.exe" when I open the .exe file from my compter.

Any help is appreciated.

John Willbanks

Hi John,

I replied to your e-mail, did you get it? The file you mention is in no way related to or a part of Logbook Pro. It is most likely another application on your computer that is going into auto-repair when it senses another application installing files to your system. I suggest reviewing the other software on your computer to see what may be conflicting.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Thanks for the quick response Neal. Yes, I did get your e-mail. This is the only program that I have this conflict with. When I downloaded the single file it was listed as lbproNoMsi.exe on my computer. Could it be a file that should be on my computer that Logbook Pro uses at the start up phase?

This problem is appearing to be a Dell issue from everything I can find on the internet about it. I am unsure what sherman.msi is, but that file is apparently trapping specific installations of software (VB6.0 is one that comes up a alot) and redirecting a request to sherman.msi (that does not normally exist).

I had this similar problem when I first installed Loogbook Pro. I contacted Dell through their customer support site. I sent them the message I was recieving. They then sent a patch for the sherman.msi. I installed the patch and it took care of the problem. It took about 3 days to complete the process for me.
John

Hai,
AS U SAID THAT U HAD TO INSTALL A PATCH CAN U PLZ LET ME KNW OR SEND IN THE LINK FOR THE PATCH THATS REQUIRED FOR SHERMAN.MSI ERROR MESSAGE THAT COMES

Back