Build 232 problem

phishhman

I have been having some problems. First, I put a shortcut to LBP on my quicklaunch bar. It worked fine for quite a while, but lately, when I click it, it wants to install the program again. The problem goes away when I reinstall, but appears about a month or so down the road.

Second, I tried to run some reports, and the program hangs while processing the reports. It doesn't lock up, but it just never displays any reports. Graphs appear fine. Any ideas?

--Phishhman

It taks a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Please fill out the detailsin the USER CP (edit profile) area so I know what OS and Software Version you are running.

Logbook Pro uses the latest Microsoft Installer technology which is 'self-healing' meaning that if it sees something other than the way it was installed, a corrupt file, something falling out of order, it automatically fixes it. Depending on how you are creating your shortcut you may be conflicting with this system. I'm not sure why this would be the case, but again, if you are left clicking then drag and dropping the shortcut Logbook Pro installed, it may recognize that and try to correct it. I really can't help much on this one.

As for the reports, the report DLL doesn't seem to be registered. I suggest uninstalling, rebooting, searching for lbRepts.DLL and delete it. Install the software again and see if that works. Make sure you are using the latest version from www.logbookpro.com (at this writing it's 1.6.232).

Version 1.7 should be out in a few weeks, so we'll have a new install anyways. If reports aren't critical, I suggest just wait for the new build, otherwise, the above procedure should work. There are no report functionality issues reported for 1.6.232.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back