Can't sync after upgrade

Charlie

After upgrading to the latest and greatest version of the software I'm no longer able to sync my data to the Pocket PC. Here's some background info:

It worked fine when I had Logbook Pro 1.9.4 and PDA Companion 1.3 using ActiveSync 3.7. It was a thing of beauty.

Upgraded to Logbook Pro 1.9.5 and PDA Companion 1.4 and STILL using ActiveSync 3.7 (not 3.7.1) and I receive the error "The database required for the Pocket PC Companion was not found. Please rerun the configuration as outlined in the Logbook Pro help file." I uninstalled the old versions of Logbook Pro and PDA Companionbefore installing the new versions of the software from the web site. I'm running Windows XP home edition.

I have read the other links in this forum about the same error messageand havehad no success with the suggested solutionsbut posted this issue because it happened after an upgrade. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. By the way, I do have the correct path exactly as instructed in the installation.

Confirm you entered the database location as:

\Program Files\Logbook Pro\Logbook.cdb

There were no changes to the Pocket PC companion other than a refresh routine on the custom column pages to ensure the labels are accurate. I suggest uninstalling, delete your PPC Partnership if necessary, cycle power on the PDA (if you can stand to reset it) and see what happens.

Unfortunately the Pocket PC's are just not as solid as the Palm PDA's and still have room for improvement. This makes me really want to build a solution that bypasses ActiveSync in the version 2 series!

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Problem fixed! Here is what I did:

Uninstalled PDA Companion via Remove Programs on the PDA. Uninstalled ActiveSync 3.7 from the PC using Add/Remove Programs. Downloaded and installed ActiveSync 3.7.1. Installed PDA Companion 1.4 via the instructions and everything is working great.

I have removed and installed the PDA Companion many times before trying to fix the problem but never tried to uninstall and reinstall ActiveSync. Reinstalling ActiveSync appears to have fixed the problem I had and if you can believe it I'm using version 3.7.1 which has caused many problems with other users. Also, I did NOT do a hard reset on the PDA. Figured that would be my last resort. Hope some of this helps.

NC Software said...
Confirm you entered the database location as:

\Program Files\Logbook Pro\Logbook.cdb

There were no changes to the Pocket PC companion other than a refresh routine on the custom column pages to ensure the labels are accurate. I suggest uninstalling, delete your PPC Partnership if necessary, cycle power on the PDA (if you can stand to reset it) and see what happens.

Unfortunately the Pocket PC's are just not as solid as the Palm PDA's and still have room for improvement. This makes me really want to build a solution that bypasses ActiveSync in the version 2 series!
Well, here is a question. If I installed logbook pro to my D:\apps\Logbook pro dir
I still wouldn't point to \program files\logbook pro\logbook.cdb, would I?

Also, Do i look for "THAT" specific file....logbook.cdb? Or do i look for the personal logbook i created in the program? I am having the same issues with activesync and my pocketpc as the original poster.

The installation path on the PC is in no way related to the installation on the PDA. The Pocket PC must have the installation path entered as shown in the help documentation, as you included above.

Again, I suggest uninstalling ActiveSync, uninstall Logbook Pro from the PDA, Delete the \Program Files\Logbook Pro folder from the PDA, then reinstall and see if that resolves your issue.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Nope
Still doesnt work.

On my PPC, there is a file called lpbro.cdb in the program files/logbook pro directory
There "isnt" a logbook.cdb file as described in the install help file.

other suggestions?

Seems like A LOT of people are having issues with this

If there isn't a file named logbook.cdb then ActiveSync is not importing your database. The problem lies within ActiveSync and I suggest uninstalling/Reinstalling ActiveSync the performing the import procedure.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I'll uninstall and reinstall Activesync 3.7.1 again. Did that this morning, didn't fix it. I'll try it again

I've found a solution to this problem with ActiveSync 3.7 and 3.7.1, as pertains to Logbook Pro and Pocket PCs (PPCs). You'll have to create a link between your logbook file and your PPC manually. Only one step changes...Step 6, bullet 1, add alternate method to read: Within Activesync right click on the Pocket Access Information Type and select SETTINGS. In the box that opens, click ADD.
At this point you'll be at the same point, but via a different (manual) approach. So, you'll now need to simply accomplish the remaining steps (beginning with Step 6, bullet 2) exactly as written in NC Software's installation guide.
I don't know why this is, but Activesync is a real beast to conquer in many ways.
Happy Computing, and Safe Flying! Or is it the other way around? :)

Back