changes to logged time

Tyler

I haven't logged any cross country for a few thousand hours. I'd like to include that now so my 8710 form adds up correctly. How do I tell LP to include all time flown for a certain aircraft also to log cross country for previously logged time? I tried changing the autofill but that did nothing.

Thanks

Tyler

Tyler,

There's no way to do that within Logbook Pro at this time. AutoFill fires whenever the Duration value changes. The only suggestion I have is to export the data to CSV then import it back so AutoFill fires. Or, export it and manipulate the data in Excel, then import it back. Backup Backup Backup!

Don't know what CSV means (I'm a computer dummy), but here's a situation that I think might cover what you're asking.

I'd been flying 121 airline ops exclusively, and was using APDL. I never noticed that it didn't include my jet time as XC time, until today. So, here's what I did to fix that (I take no responsibility if this makes you lose your logbook):

1) delete my logbook in Logbook Pro (it's backed up on my Palm, and on my computer as APDL files).
2) Adjust the 'autofill' in the options section of LBP to include XC (check the box)
3) Single Sync from the very begining of your data (page 3 of the single sync defaults to your last hotsyc so you don't overwrite data. I had no data at all, so no worries!)
4) Presto - all my time is now XC!

Do not do this if you don't fly 121 exclusively, and you don't have all your 121 time in your Palm.

Perhaps Neil could elaborate on how others might do it in more complex ways, or why my idea is incredibly foolish. It was VERY scary to delete my entire logbook in LBP, but well worth it.

sanwhiner said:
Don't know what CSV means (I'm a computer dummy), but here's a situation that I think might cover what you're asking.

I'd been flying 121 airline ops exclusively, and was using APDL. I never noticed that it didn't include my jet time as XC time, until today. So, here's what I did to fix that (I take no responsibility if this makes you lose your logbook):

1) delete my logbook in Logbook Pro (it's backed up on my Palm, and on my computer as APDL files).
2) Adjust the 'autofill' in the options section of LBP to include XC (check the box)
3) Single Sync from the very begining of your data (page 3 of the single sync defaults to your last hotsyc so you don't overwrite data. I had no data at all, so no worries!)
4) Presto - all my time is now XC!

Do not do this if you don't fly 121 exclusively, and you don't have all your 121 time in your Palm.

Perhaps Neil could elaborate on how others might do it in more complex ways, or why my idea is incredibly foolish. It was VERY scary to delete my entire logbook in LBP, but well worth it.
Because APDL maintains its separate data files you can do this. There is no need to delete your logbook as SingleSync will actually delete all APDL flights On or After the "Sync on or After" date and reimport them. The upcoming release (Logbook Pro 1.10) has APDL synchronization integrated and you'll have even more control over sync'ing in data, such as the ability to set a date range now. Expected release is the end of April.

Back