Commander Custom Template Report Issue

Tao of Funk

I created a Commander Series custom template to match the font I am using across all of my documents. I added a signature jpeg as well. It was working for a couple of reports but then not. I noticed my signature will show up on the first 100 pages or so and then no more. The report also shows the last page to be the left side even though I have selected the combined tab for viewing. Also the left pages now have a vertical red dotted line usually indicating the page break for Jeppesen Style flight log reports. I am using the split report Commander style so.....

I decided to try other reports. When I try to generate the Jeppesen style report I get:

Error number: 5000 error in processing report.
[Extended info: system resource exceeded.]

Thanks!

The signature image is most likely too large and you're running out of memory. The image doesn't have to be that large, resize it so it's only 300px in height, the width will auto-proportion and try that.

Fixed. Right on NC! Yesterday I thought the signature looked too light. I adjusted the contrast but forgot to scale back the resolution when I saved the new jpeg. Good job!

I prefer making the signatures grayscale unless you're printing a color page, typically it's not. It will use less ink if you do have a color printing and just use the black. Crop to the borders of your signature, no need for any whitespace.

In case you are still watching, is there an automatic way I can append the approach type to the comment section?

I cropped it down to the edges of the signature but there will still be a white background throughout the signature. If I print my logbook on green paper will the signature have a white block behind it? (grayscale or color)

That'll be my suggestion to a future revision, that is a software patch that will take the info from the approach type ledger and add ILS or VOR in the remarks column.

I have a similar issue with signatures. It's worked for years as advertised. When I switched to running LBP in a Parrallels virtual machine on a MacBook Pro, the signature showed up in the proper place, but at a greatly reduced size. Apparently the scaling feature isn't working the same as before. I tried tinkering with the size of the jpg file, but that didn't do the trick. Any suggestions?

I have a similar issue with signatures. It's worked for years as advertised. When I switched to running LBP in a Parrallels virtual machine on a MacBook Pro, the signature showed up in the proper place, but at a greatly reduced size. Apparently the scaling feature isn't working the same as before. I tried tinkering with the size of the jpg file, but that didn't do the trick. Any suggestions?

It sounds like a windows font scaling setting. This article may help but I would try just printing a test page on draft paper and see how it looks printed and not so much on screen.

It sounds like a windows font scaling setting. This article may help but I would try just printing a test page on draft paper and see how it looks printed and not so much on screen.

Neal,
You hit the nail on the head. I was able to change the dpi scaling to 100% and it solved the signature size issue. However, it required that I back off the maximum resolution of the HP 4k display I am using. This is not too distressing as the display is not used for anything that requires maximum 4k resolution. I guess I can live with it. And, yes, it was a print and screen issue.

Unfortunately, in messing around with the display and resolutions and dpi scaling and such, I must have done something stupid to my logbook as the Spreadsheet view seems to be frozen. I can't select or add an entry in the spreadsheet nor can I scroll up/down/right/left. I can add an entry using the command bar buttons and/or the Windows entry view. Very perplexing. Reports and other views appear to be working normally. I thought I might have corrupted the logbook file so I restored from a back up but got the same result. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll probably put in a new ticket for support.

Back