Data no longer syncing

Tyler

Hotsynced my PDA today and no data was transfered to Logbookpro or any Singlesync reports. Detailed reports shows what I was scheduled to do when I imported the pairing but no actual data is shown, only blanks. Everything worked fine yesterday. The only change that was made was that I put my activation key in this new unit, whereas yesterday it was still a trial version.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Tyler,

I suggest 1) ensuring the device is registered by revisiting Options...Enter Key Code on the device, then 2) Review your SingleSync configuration carefully. Pay attention to the sync on or after date. If still no luck, submit a support ticket including the apdl_synclog.txt and conduit.txt files (typically in C:\Program Files\palmOne\{Your Palm Username}\APDL.

OK. I checked both of those items, the software is registered to me and the sync date is prior to the day for the data I need written to the computer. I also checked my hotsync log and it says the that APDAL sync was ok. I'll send the two files in a support ticket. Thanks

I looked at my detailed flight log and discovered that all of the data I imported a few days ago using schedule importer is syncing. But, all data I entered into PDA while flying is not syncing, such as "aircraft", "actual out", "actual in" and "postion". All postions are the default "CA PNF DAY". It's as if the pairings where impoted but never flown.

I tried tapping "s" on the Palm to see if it would work. No change. I'll wait to hear from the support ticket I submitted. Hopefully we can get it figured out then. I'm out of guesses.

It works!

Neal and Paul,

I don't know how but all data now syncs. I decided to write all data from the backup file to the new Palm PDA. After doing that all of the data synced to the flight reports and Logbook Pro. Perhaps some file was corrupted and the overwrite form the backup corrected it. Hopefully this issue is now closed.

Tyler

Argh

Well, it's doing it again. Data is there in the detailed report from the schedule importer but none of the actual data is there as if the pairing was never flown. It's not syncing the data to the detailed report or logbookpro.

Tyler,

Please send me a current copy of your apdl_synclog.txt and conduit.txt files to support@nc-software.com.

Double check for each leg that your are entering a Flight Number, Departure, Destination, and Actual times. And each logpage has a trip number and duty times.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman

OK I'll send the files again. All of the data is in there. I imported the pairing using the schedule importer and then entered the rest of the data when I flew the pairing. Detailed Flight Report shows all of the data that was imported via the schedule importer but no actual data as if the pairing was never flown. I've emailed Neal a few times on this today and he suggested repairing LogbookPro, since upgrading to version 1.9.9 was one of the last things I did before it stopped working. Tried that with no luck. I will try a complete uninstall and reinstall of Logbook Pro V.1.9.9. If by chance he doen't forward the email to you, I tried copying all files from the old Palm to the new Palm that worked last time but didn't work this time.

Mine no longer syncs either

I just opened Logbook Pro since upgrading to 1.9.9 and realized mine no longer syncs past Nov 2nd. I'm registered and the singlesync date is 10/27/05. I guess I'll start a trouble ticket too.

DaveyDave,

Keep posting on your progress. I am still having the same problem and cannot figure out why. It's ironic, but my data would not sync after 11/2/05 either?! Then for no reason it would sync. It syncs one day but not another for me now. I will continue to post my findings as well as I and Paul figure this out.

Tyler

Think I found a fix

Tyler, I've been working with Paul via trouble ticket. He suggested I delete my trip in November from LogbookPro and then re-sync, which did the trick. Problem was, the next time I flew a trip in Nov and did a hotsync, that new trip never showed up.

One thing I noticed was that I had an AirlineLog-200512.pdb file in main memory even though I hadn't entered any upcoming trips for December yet. Also, when I launched singlesync and clicked the sync log button, it launched the browser and showed "AirlineLog-200512" as the file, not AirlineLog-200511. This led me to believe the December file just existing was the culprit. Check to see if you have that in main memory and delete it and hotsync. If you've already imported your December schedule, you can just import it again.

Anyway, this is a shot in the dark, I haven't flown since finding this, so I haven't been able to test it. :)

DaveyDave,

I'll give that a try. Paul suggested making sure the time in the PDA and computer were the same. Mine were off by a minute, once corrected all data synced fine for several days. Unfortunately, it's not working again. I'll keep posting until this is fixed.

Tyler

For those using Palm PDA and experiencing random syncing problems, we believe it is a problem with the date and times on your PDA and\or PC and how APDL SS interprets them. An update is in progress that hopefully will resolve this problem.

In the interim, to manually refresh APDL records in LogbookPro if they do not appear follow these steps.

1. In Logbook Pro delete an entire month of APDL Records (For November, delete 11/1/2005 to 11/30/2005)

2. Hotsync.

3. Then from LogbookPro, hit (f5) to refresh the logbook.

The update for APDL SS should be available in December on the website.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. I will try this fix when i return home from my trip.

Paul,

I am anxiously awaiting this update. Less the 10% of the pairings I have flown since this started sync. I have two questions for you. First, should I manually enter the pairings that don't sync or will the update retrieve all previously unsynced data? Secondly, will the APDL records refresh in LogbookPro if they never synced or appear in the detailed reports?

Thank you
Tyler

Paul Auman said:
For those using Palm PDA and experiencing random syncing problems, we believe it is a problem with the date and times on your PDA and\or PC and how APDL SS interprets them. An update is in progress that hopefully will resolve this problem.

In the interim, to manually refresh APDL records in LogbookPro if they do not appear follow these steps.

1. In Logbook Pro delete an entire month of APDL Records (For November, delete 11/1/2005 to 11/30/2005)

2. Hotsync.

3. Then from LogbookPro, hit (f5) to refresh the logbook.

The update for APDL SS should be available in December on the website.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

The update is close. The big delay is Microsoft's update of ActiveSync to 4.1 that we are trying to provide compatibility for.

The new update will sync all records on or after the "sync after date". This is a change from the current version the also tests to see if the record on the PDA has been updated.

What does Microsoft have to do with the update for Palm OS? Isn't Active Sync for the PocketPC folks?

Tyler

Back