Data no longer syncing

Tyler,

The reply is regarding the update to SingleSync which supports both Palm OS and Pocket PC platforms. The APDL Development Team is addressing these issues in the upcoming release of SingleSync, a free update.

NC Software said:
Tyler,

The reply is regarding the update to SingleSync which supports both Palm OS and Pocket PC platforms. The APDL Development Team is addressing these issues in the upcoming release of SingleSync, a free update.

OK. I'm a little confused if we're waiting for MS or just a prgramming issue from your end. Regardless, I am anxiously awaiting the upgrade. As you can imagine this issue is most frustrating as the syncing function is one of the most important funtions of these two programs.

Tyler

My data will no longer sync. I have SingleSync 6.1.1, LBPro 1.9.9, and Palm OS. Times on my computer and Palm match.

Please check your sync on or after date and also in Logbook Pro the funnel icon is not pressed therefore filtering your data to where you may not be seeing new data. Run the SingleSync wizard and ensure all settings are as desired. Your apdldebug.xml file you sent looks normal with no problems noted.

NC Software said:
Please see our revision history forum - APDL SingleSync 6.1 is now available supporting Windows Mobile 5 and ActiveSync 4 as well as other improvements in the SingleSync processes.

Neal and Paul. Excellent work. Singlesync 6.1 has corrected my sync problems. I am thrilled that you were able to put a filter in the program for specific tail numbers. Much appreciated.

Two questions. I have been going back in LP manually changing the aircraft types to match their tail numbers. Instead of doing this manually could I change my syncdate back 6 years and it would correct them now? Secondly, when I am changing the aircraft types, some tail numbers are not in the pull down list as they are new aircraft at my company. I type in the new tail number, but when I look in the pull down menu later it doesn't appear. Is there a database file that I can modify to correct this or do I have to wait for new entries to be synced to get all the tail numbers?

Thank you,

Tyler

Hello Tyler,

I'm glad the new update resolves your inquiries. Thank you for your patience. As to your questions, first, and always, be diligent with backups! If the N-Numbers are in the system, a reimport may very well work. You'd have to delete the entries in Logbook Pro, set your sync on or after, then resync. As to N-Numbers not showing yet, Logbook Pro doesn't maintain a separate store for N-Numbers, it simply populates the list based on the history of your logbook. Therefore, you may have to create a dummy entry to register your Type/N-Number relationship until you get data in, then go back and delete the dummy entries. To help flag these rows as dummy, set the ROUTE field to DUMMY or TEMP or something easy to find later.

More problems.

I tried to sync again after my last trip. The entire previous trip still was not synced, and of my last trip, only those legs that occured in the tail number of my first leg were synced (4 day trip, same airplane for the first and third day, as well as a part of the second day). Any leg that was in another airplane was ignored.

Back