DEMO version locks up...100% CPU utilization

MatthewAMEL

Greetings all! I just found out about Logbook Pro from a friend of mine who has used it for a while now. I downloaded the DEMO to check it out and everything goes fine.

I start the program and get the takeoff sound and splash screen, I am prompted to open a data file or create one, I create one...fill out the 'options' screen (airplanes, personal info and the like) and then...nothing. The interface sits there...toolbar on the left...blank screen in the middle and I can't click on anything.

I can "force quit" the app, but if I check task manager, it says logbookpro.exe is at 100% cpu. I've removed it and re-installed it multiple times. I have delted the file I created and created another one in another location with another name and have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Dell Dimension 4500S
512MB RAM
Win2K Pro SP4

Hello,

Please ensure your OS is up-to-date with all the Windows Updates and also try updating your database drivers from the links in this article.

Ensure you are saving your data file to your hard drive and not optical media such as a CD-ROM. Ensure you have administrator permissions, or at least read/write permissions for the Registry and the location your data is being written to. If you try another profile (logon) does Logbook Pro work? If so, there may be a problem with your profile.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back