Resolved Duty status

No problem. Since you know how the app works, you have any suggestions for me to help troubleshoot? I suspect it's something on my device, but I'm not sure what attribute it's using that I may have switched off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know of anything else to offer you other than what we have discussed. The issue is minor as you can select the appropriate phase in the Status Board but obviously not working as expected. We have longer term plans to improve the system that drives that phase as well but it won't be in the 8.0 release.

I agree that it's minor. It certainly doesn't bother me at all. I was just trying to help make it work as intended.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Since you're in the mood of troubleshooting...
Have you R&R'd APDL on your device?
Sync, remove, reinstall.

This is why I never use that page. Mine too always says "on duty." Never been able to find much use for this page. In my opinion it's a useless menu item.

Since you're in the mood of troubleshooting...
Have you R&R'd APDL on your device?
Sync, remove, reinstall.

Sorry, I just got around to doing this today. I believe that I've tried this in the past month or so, but figured it couldn't hurt to try again. After the first sync, I got all of these alerts. Do I need to go dig up these times and enter them again? I know I entered them already before the remove/reinstall...

37535cde95bd92b51bbd8a65967efa13.jpg

This is why I never use that page. Mine too always says "on duty." Never been able to find much use for this page. In my opinion it's a useless menu item.

I actually do like this page. An easy work around is to just select those "on duty" items that you want to see on the "off duty" tab. It's not how it was intended to be used, but still works.

Sorry, I just got around to doing this today. I believe that I've tried this in the past month or so, but figured it couldn't hurt to try again. After the first sync, I got all of these alerts. Do I need to go dig up these times and enter them again? I know I entered them already before the remove/reinstall...

37535cde95bd92b51bbd8a65967efa13.jpg

Actually, now that I look at these, I am not able to get these times in our Scheduling system. It is too far back. They were all in there before I did the reinstall though. Are they still in the backup somewhere?

Neal should know.

No, I'm afraid not. There was a problem with sync long ago hence the instructions to follow when starting the beta to do a device replace cloud to get the cloud aligned with your device data. It appears you did not do this so the holes in the cloud data are now revealed as it appears you did a reinstall. The sync issue is resolved so it won't happen again.

You can either make your best guess at the data OR leave it alone as CrossCheck will stop looking further than one year back so as you move beyond a year of that data it will go away. If you can make your best guess at the info that is another option or if you can get access to the old data that's obviously the most accurate solution.

Well, I thought I did do that when starting the beta, but obviously I was mistaken. I may have those times in another app that I could use to update too.

The whole point of removing and reinstalling was to see if the correct tab would come up. As I open APDL now, it comes up on the "on duty" tab while I'm not on duty. That did not fix it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest version still always shows on duty. For some reason, the on/block out/off buttons on top are sometimes white, sometimes Amber, not sure why.

15303ace3331d3eef06e9f15aa1972bd.jpg
e94c39a4997d7beaf6a2f83a747ec0c2.jpg

Latest version still always shows on duty. For some reason, the on/block out/off buttons on top are sometimes white, sometimes Amber, not sure why.

15303ace3331d3eef06e9f15aa1972bd.jpg
e94c39a4997d7beaf6a2f83a747ec0c2.jpg

The tab for the current state of affairs is the white one. When I open the app, it always opens in the "on duty" tab and it is white. If you click on another tab, it seems like the app THEN realizes what tab is the correct tab and displays the other 2 as yellow. Right now, I would open the app at home (vacation) and it would open white "on duty" but if I clicked on another tab, the only white one then would be "off duty."

If you go to iOS's Settings > APDL confirm "Background App Refresh" is ON? Notifications should also be ON but it's unrelated.

We'll figure this out one of these days, it's just rare. Also confirm this happens when you resume the app and not just cold start it. And confirm you are not like some users that everytime you exit out of an app you double-tap the home button and flick the app up off screen removing it from suspended state? I've seen people do that!

If you go to iOS's Settings > APDL confirm "Background App Refresh" is ON? Notifications should also be ON but it's unrelated.

We'll figure this out one of these days, it's just rare. Also confirm this happens when you resume the app and not just cold start it. And confirm you are not like some users that everytime you exit out of an app you double-tap the home button and flick the app up off screen removing it from suspended state? I've seen people do that!

Yes, just confirmed that APDL is set with "Background App Refresh" to ON. I just cold started the app, double tapped to resume tapatalk, then double tapped to resume APDL. Both times opening APDL it came up in white "on duty" tab, should be off duty. I generally don't flick background apps away unless I know I'm done with it for the rest of the day or something. I've found this to be a good challenge. There has to be a setting somewhere that is prohibiting it from working correctly, but I haven't found it yet.

Neal, is it possible to program some logging into the beta to see what it's doing when it resumes? Even if you only gave limited distribution, I would install it for you to help solve this!

I'll do what I can to help. It isn't that big of a deal to me personally. I was just reporting that it still wasn't working as intended. I'm suspecting that a lot of people don't even realize that it is supposed to work differently. If it's always opened to a white "on duty" tab, who would know? The rest of the things APDL does are the important things. This is just icing on the cake to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back