Resolved Duty status

I've tried this in the past too. Makes no difference. I like it better on status board though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It still doesn't work. Granted, my next duty is ground training that I had to manually enter. Despite that irregularity, even if I stay in APDL and switch screens (go to calendar, then go back to status screen) it still comes up with a white "on duty" tab. If I select another tab, all tabs change to correct color. I didn't even leave the app.

Latest version still always shows on duty. For some reason, the on/block out/off buttons on top are sometimes white, sometimes Amber, not sure why.

15303ace3331d3eef06e9f15aa1972bd.jpg
e94c39a4997d7beaf6a2f83a747ec0c2.jpg

From the documentation here Status Board - APDL - WIKI

Status%20Board%20iPhone%20On%20Duty%20Bar%20White.png
Status%20Board%20iPhone%20Blocked%20Out%20Bar%20Yellow.png
Status%20Board%20iPhone%20Off%20Duty%20Bar%20Yellow.png

"You can manually select a different duty phase by tapping the corresponding button at the top of the screen. The buttons will be colored white when the duty phase displayed is the current duty phase as determined by APDL. Manually selecting a different duty phase will cause the buttons to be colored yellow to indicate you are viewing a different duty phase than your current state."

Additionally, if I recall correctly, there is some kind of "lock" that prevents the automatic phase detection thing from auto sequencing between the three options when you have manually overridden the duty phase (if the buttons are yellow, you manually overrode it). Since we are resorting to taking guesses at what may fix it, I'd say it may be worth trying to manually change between the tabs to a yellow one and then go back to white and see if that makes it work properly when resuming. If not, try leaving it yellow and try again.

Last edited:
I will check out that possibility tomorrow and see. So you're saying that if I'm off duty now and leave the app from the off duty tab that it should no longer be locked?

Last edited:
It appears to be fixed!!!!! Just updated to the lastest Testflight version 7.9.28

When I switch screens from within APDL, it now comes up on the correct tab (Off Duty)!!!! If I use the Home button to close APDL and open up the JeppFD-Pro app, and then reopen APDL (from either the recently used list, or selecting the icon), it still opens in the correct tab! A minor error, but it appears to have been solved!

(I just noticed that you posted your message 1 minute before I did, but it showed after mine)

It's fixed now. I'll let you know if it ever stops working again. Great job!

By and large, the status board is working much better now. I have only 1 observation to add. When I open APDL to enter the on/in times, it correctly opens to the blocked out tab. I enter in the on/in times, and I see it sequence to the next leg correctly...but it's still on the blocked out tab. Not sure what the mechanism is to switch it, but I gather it's more than just entering in the "in" time? It would be great if it would switch to the on duty tab after entering the previous "in" time?

By and large, the status board is working much better now. I have only 1 observation to add. When I open APDL to enter the on/in times, it correctly opens to the blocked out tab. I enter in the on/in times, and I see it sequence to the next leg correctly...but it's still on the blocked out tab. Not sure what the mechanism is to switch it, but I gather it's more than just entering in the "in" time? It would be great if it would switch to the on duty tab after entering the previous "in" time?

It'll switch to the On Duty tab xx hours prior to the next flight. It'll stay on the Off Duty tab after closing a flight so you can see your rest legality and hotel info

Which is great...if you just flew your last flight of the day. But for every other flight, that isn't ideal for the user.

- After takeoff, I open APDL to enter out/off times, it opens in "on duty" - wrong
-- understandable, since I haven't told it that I HAVE blocked out yet
- during flight, opens to "blocked out" - correct
- Arrive at gate, enter on/in times, opens to "blocked out" (understandable), but wrong
- APDL automatically sequences to next flight (say, in 35 minutes), but STAYS on blocked out tab - wrong.

If APDL knows that you have progressed to the next flight today, is it able to switch tabs too (to "on duty"), or do I have to leave the screen & come back to get it to switch?

Back