Duty time issue between short and long call...

av8rleo

So I am on short call today 8/27 from 1400 to 0400 and then back on Long Call Reserve. Given that I have to have 13 hours contractually from the moment I am called on LC it covers the 10 hours required by FAR117. However when I try to put my long call time of essentially 0401 APDL doesn't like it...

Do I have to "lie" to the app to get it to recognize the 10 hours for 117?

Thanks!

So I am on short call today 8/27 from 1400 to 0400 and then back on Long Call Reserve. Given that I have to have 13 hours contractually from the moment I am called on LC it covers the 10 hours required by FAR117. However when I try to put my long call time of essentially 0401 APDL doesn't like it...

Do I have to "lie" to the app to get it to recognize the 10 hours for 117?

Thanks!

What message(s) are you getting?

The reserve availability period is greater than 16 hours (true since I'm phone available 24 hours with minimum report of 13 hours after notification).
The rest period is less than thev10 hours required.

Now the app keeps crashing everytime I try to go back in and look at the legality notifications... :-/

As for the crash, close the app then power cycle the device.

As for the issue at hand, I personally never input LC into the app. If you think about it, LC is handled exactly like a regularly assigned trip. All you have to prove is you have the required rest before reporting for your next assignment. When you import said trip into APDL, it looks back to verify the proper rest has been received. Also, the first line of any imported trip in the Trip View is the actual rest you've received before the assignment. At Delta we are perpetually on LC (on our awarded reserve days) until given an assignment or SC. As it is right now, the LC function in APDL will not let you select more than 16 hours. I'm hoping this gets rectified soon. More and more carriers are moving to a perpetual LC window because 117 allows it.

Ok, leaving it out was kind of my first thought and only put the short calls in when I noticed the issue just wanted to reach out and see if it was operator error...

thanks!

As far as I know, the developer knows this is an issue. 117 is a coding nightmare so I'm sure they appreciate your understanding that it doesn't all work perfectly right now. It will get there, though.

Take care!

Back