Error -530 when backing up

jensk

I receive an error -530 when attempting a backup. I've tried to "repair" the installation as suggested in another thread. But the repair stops at "Removing Backup Files". The program seems to work ok otherwise, I just can't make a backup.

Any Ideas? I'm using 1.9.8.5

jensk said:
I receive an error -530 when attempting a backup. I've tried to "repair" the installation as suggested in another thread. But the repair stops at "Removing Backup Files". The program seems to work ok otherwise, I just can't make a backup.

Any Ideas? I'm using 1.9.8.5
Hello,

Typically this is caused by a conflict from another software application installing the same components without adhering to versioning. If you can uninstall, reboot, reinstall, that should resolve the issue. We should also have 1.9.9 beta out next week, which should also take care of this situation at the same time. If you are unable to uninstall after rebooting (give that a try), google for "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility" and try that to forcibly remove Logbook Pro, then reinstall 1.9.8.5 (or wait for 1.9.9).

NC Software said:
Hello,

Typically this is caused by a conflict from another software application installing the same components without adhering to versioning. If you can uninstall, reboot, reinstall, that should resolve the issue. We should also have 1.9.9 beta out next week, which should also take care of this situation at the same time. If you are unable to uninstall after rebooting (give that a try), google for "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility" and try that to forcibly remove Logbook Pro, then reinstall 1.9.8.5 (or wait for 1.9.9).

I tried reinstalling LBPro (with the same results...), I'll give the cleanup utility a try.

Thanks!

jensk said:
I tried reinstalling LBPro (with the same results...), I'll give the cleanup utility a try.

Thanks!

The Cleanup utility did the job, I could successfully reinstall 1.9.8.5 and the backup works now.

Thanks again!

Are you saving the file to a local hard drive? If not, save the backup file to your hard drive and then copy it to the removable media of your choice. If the problem continues please submit a support ticket.

Are you saving the file to a local hard drive? If not, save the backup file to your hard drive and then copy it to the removable media of your choice. If the problem continues please submit a support ticket.

It is saved to a local HD. I will submit a ticket.

Back