Export Custom Logbook Error

I ran the report Reports...Flight Log...Split-Reports...Premier & Old-World

I then clicked the combined tab, click the toolbar option to go to the last page to check the page number.

I then clicked the print icon on the toolbar from the combined tab, selected the All Pages radio button and then the Adobe PDF printer item, it exported all pages with no problem.

I then tested the inserting leading blank page, swapped margins, it again sent all pages to the Adobe PDF printer.

Neal,

I checked the file prior to printing via the adobe print utility. It appears that the page is missing prior to the print (still in logbook pro). The missing page is apparrent then. The adobe print works, however, it is only printing the err'd report.

fruz

Are you using a Date Filter or clicking the All Data button?

So you are saying now it's not a printer issue (Adobe PDF) but on screen you are not seeing the data you expect? If that's the case, make sure your date filter is set correctly.

I use the all data button. However, it was never a printer issue. I cannot export the old book & premier template to an pdf, excel, word, text etc. Nor can i save the template while it is logbook pro. This only seems to occur with this style template (custom and original). The work-around approach you touched on works because appears to print it to file, so to speak. Then i can print it normally. But...on further inspection of the template while it is in logbook pro, it appears that the file doesnt compile properly, giving me a lop-sided template/report. When we use this work/around approach, it only prints the err'd template to file. This provides an in-error Logbook report. Which i cant use. Hopes this helps.

fruz

Which tab are you using at the bottom? I am using the Combined Tab. The left and right are not going to give you all pages and it may be deceiving as to the number of pages you expect based on how it works.

I am unable to duplicate any issues with the report system other than the export issue specific to this report, overcome by printing to the Adobe PDF printer object. Please give me step by step instructions to help duplicate the issue.

I use the combined tab also. I always export the combined template. However, i looked at the left tab. It shows entries halfway down the final page and they are my last flights.So this looks correct. The right side shows entries all of the way to the bottom of the final page. But they are not my most recent flights.

1. I load the Old World & Premier Custom Template or the original.
2. At this point I notice the logbook "missing page error"
3. When I push the save button or try to export the file, it says "invalid filename".
4. At the top of the error box in the blue caption it says "dwCmndlg".
5. I can however, print the file to the desktop via the adobe pdf utility.
6. But the adboe file is also missing a page.

I'm not in front of my pc currently, so i am quoting from memory. But i did it so many times yesterday, i think this is a pretty accurrate description.

fruz

1-4 I understand and as stated have reproduced the issue. I cannot, however, find anything wrong with printing the report to a printer or Adobe PDF creator. When you return, please run another report, click the Combined tab, print to Adobe PDF and send me the PDF in a support ticket.

Neil,

I received your PDF and the .BAK file, thank you. The problem is you do not have the same margin settings for the "Lefts" and the "Rights" so you are causing things to get big time "out of whack." You'll need to reset your margins so that the lefts and rights are the same, then close and re-run the report. If your rights and lefts don't have the same number of rows, they will become out of sync. The combined tab takes the lefts and rights and combines them, so it uses their margin settings.

It also appears you are using the Premier & Old-World report but are trying to get a more full-page layout. I suggest you instead use the Reports...Flight Log...Split-Reports...Jeppesen Style system which has a larger layout designed for full 8-1/2 x 11 printing, and should not have the export issue either as that appears to be only with the one report you were using.

So in summary, get your margin issue resolved and you should be good to go.

Hi Neal,

Thanks for your patience and the prompt reply. I'll check that tonight when I get home from work. After i correct the margins i'll try exporting and saving the file. I hope this works.

I'd prefer to keep the custom layout that I have though, as my logbook is already in this format. i'll let you know.

Neil

Hi Neal,

I adjusted the margins as you suggested. This corrected the line entry errors. However, I tried exporting the file via the export tab and it still didn’t work. I'm still getting the invalid filename specified. I couldn’t export it to PDF, excel, word or any other format. Nor could I save the report in logbook pro. I would like to have this problem rectified if possible. I don’t want to have to re-print my whole logbook in some other format (like you suggested) as it is quite expensive.

Neil

Hi Neal,

I adjusted the margins as you suggested. This corrected the line entry errors. However, I tried exporting the file via the export tab and it still didn’t work. I'm still getting the invalid filename specified. I couldn’t export it to PDF, excel, word or any other format. Nor could I save the report in logbook pro. I would like to have this problem rectified if possible. I don’t want to have to re-print my whole logbook in some other format (like you suggested) as it is quite expensive.

Neil
You are not going to be able to export this report as it is a bug as previously discussed. You can print it to adobe PDF if you want to generate a PDF export via that route. The alternative is to use the Reports...Flight Log...Split-Reports..Jeppesen as you are not using the Premier/Old-World layout which is designed to be smaller, which you have overridden with your minimal margin settings.

Back