How do I back-up my ADPL data?

yankee clipper

I am running APDL on PPC with Windows Mobile 5.
Please tell me how to back my data in this environment.
The mobile device is beginning to show its age, and I don't want to be caught off-guard.

Thanks
Yankee Clipper

Hi Eric,
good article, but I don't have the C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro\APDL Pocket PC\[8 digit ID]\APDL\Backup folder.

Could that be because I have not yet activated and sync'd my APDL in LBP?

I read the previously posted thread on backin-up APDL, they refer to a back-up procedure initiated from the PPC and ActiveSync and backed to the laptop. My ActiveSync v4.0.0 only allows memory media as a destination.

I did copy the PPC My Documents/APDL folder and its contents to an "Archival Copy".
Airlinelogbook-pref
APDL-2007x
APDL-2008x
APDL-AIRCRAFT
APDL-AIRPORTS
APDL-APPS
APDL-DELAYS
APDL-PAY
APDL-POS

Is there anything else I should or must do before I sync my APDL data?

btw, APDL v6.0.5 and LBP 1.10.25

Thanks
Yankee Clipper

I am running APDL PPC v6.0.5 (on a Dell Axim x51v) and LBP V1.10.25 on a Windows XP Pro laptop.

APDL is licensed, but I do NOT have it activated on the laptop PC yet. The data files are located in the PPC /My Documents/APDL folder.

The LBP data files are in the C:/My Documents/

I hope that answers the question. I don't think I have the exact pathway you described.

Yankee Clipper

You should uninstall Logbook Pro and then download and install 1.10.36, the latest version available. When you run the PDA Wizard Logbook Pro copies the files to /My Documents/My Logbook Pro Files/v1/APDL Pocket PC edition. If you're using an older version of Logbook Pro and you run the PDA Wizard the files will be copied to the path as described in the KB article.

In order to backup your PPC data simply copy all files out of /My Documents/APDL/ (on your Pocket PC) to your PC.

I have 3 of your Logbook products:
LBP v1.10.25
LBP PPC v1.10.16
APDL PPC v6.0.5

Given the recent updates, in what order do I complete these updates?

I have read the release notes of LBP v1.10.36 and APDL PPC v6.1.4

Yankee Clipper

Order is not important, simply install the Logbook Pro and APDL updates at your earliest convenience. Be sure to uninstall the old versions BEFORE installing the new versions.

DATA and REGISTRATION information are UNAFFECTED during the uninstall/re-install process.

Logbook Pro 1.10.36 (PC Edition)

Installation Instructions:
  1. Backup your Logbook Pro data file (File..Archive..Backup)
  2. Uninstall Logbook Pro for Windows from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area (Programs & Features for Vista users)
  3. Rename C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro to C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro-OLD if it remains after uninstall (which is fine)
  4. Click here to download the 1.10.36 release
  5. Install and resume use of Logbook Pro

APDL Pocket PC Edition 6.1.4

Installation Instructions:
  • Uninstall Airline Pilot's Daily Aviation Logbook Pocket PC edition from your PC *and* your Pocket PC. Note: Your data and preferences are unaffected by uninstalling the software application and will remain on your PPC unless manually deleted
  • Download the APDL 6.1.4 Installer to your PC - install to your PC while your PPC is cradled and connected. (If .NET Compact Framework 3.5 is already installed on your device you do not have to reinstall)
  • Run "AirlineLogbook" on your device and enjoy the new features.

Do I uninstall APDL from both the PC AND the PPC via the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area?
Have .NET CF 2.0 on my PDA. Do I have to separately install .NET CF 3.5? OR, is it included in the APDL v6.1.4 installation?

How do I install; by double-clicking the each of the downloaded files, LBP, APDL, etc.?

Do I uninstall APDL from both the PC AND the PPC via the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area?

YES

Have .NET CF 2.0 on my PDA. Do I have to separately install .NET CF 3.5? OR, is it included in the APDL v6.1.4 installation?

It is included with the APDL installer. Just select to install it when prompted.

How do I install; by double-clicking the each of the downloaded files, LBP, APDL, etc.?

Save the file installer to your PC. Then double click installer icon to run the program. When installing APDL make sure your PPC is cradled.

Back