• We've completed testing of iOS 14. Logbook Pro has no issues observed. APDL's only issue is the Weather Map is crashing. We are working on an update for the crash at this time.

import / sync.

seabird

Hi Neal,

Since the PDA version is still under construction (and I won't ask until when) I am using MobileDB to keep my log. Since I don't just use new flights but my full log in there I have a question about importing.

My log comes out of my pda as a .CSV; I can import this but everytime I have to choose Replace all entries and then I have to assign every field. Is there a way that a certain file has those fiels assigned once for later syncronizing??? I always use the same layout and filenam (for example logbook.csv).

This way I won't get double entries in case I forget to choose replace and have add to my log and it saves me time defining fiel location.

Keep up the good work.

By the way, until a newer version comes out... is there not a small update possible to convert my entries from 1.33333 hours into 1:20

Jacco

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Jacco,

We do have the enhancement logged for version 2 to save the import templates, we'll see what we can do. I understand totally your situation.

Yes, we are brewing a small update due to several report bugs reported, exporting and some structure issues. I hope to have it out very soon.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

schulkeha3

/forums/emoticons/nuts.gif Figuring out how to import from Airline Pilot Daily Logbook took some work. I wanted LBP to compute the duration from the OUT and IN times. Those were in a text and military format when exported to the CSV file. Using ExcelXP, I applied the the function =TIME(INT(A1/100),MOD(A1,100),0) and added the date cell to it to yield the date/time number. Just because I give it these OUT and IN date/times didn't make LBP fill the duration cell. I had to have that already calculated in the CSV file. No problem. I had three options for the duration format, h+mm, h.m, or hh:mm.

Next, I needed to add the aircraft make and model to every leg of the CSV file as well as the number of legs (one).

Next, I to create day/night landing columns based on CSV legs info of either CA-PF-NIT or CA-PNF-DAY or CA-PNF-NIT or CA-PF-DAY.

Only one column of the CSV file contains the type of approach flown, so I have to scan the entire CSV file for the types of approaches and add columns for each and the number flown on each leg.

Finally, I include custom column information such as trip number, flight number and position flown.

I added all this with it in an EXCEL format. When finished, I save it as a CSV file and import it.

And that's what it takes for me to import from Airline Pilot's Daily Logbook to to Logbook Pro.