• Click here to read the July 2019 APDL and Logbook Pro Newsletter.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Logged Legality... Next duty crash

ibrubeer

I was just looking at next month's schedule in the Legality...Next Duty screen to see how my block time changed thru the month. Got a very strange screen at one point...

Shortly after, app crashed. Almost every time I would go back and try that same thing again, it would end up crashing as I stepped forward thru the month. I never saw that strange block time graph again, but it would usually crash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EricW

APDL Beta Team
I would try completely power cycling the device and test it again for the crash. My experience is this is typically a fix for most crashes.

ibrubeer

Just Tried that. Made sure to wait for the sync to completely finish to rule that out. Stepped completely through next month day by day. Got to the last duty day, hit forward arrow 1 more time, app crashed. I know there was no reason to GO another day forward, but thought I'd try...

ibrubeer

Tried it again. Crashed 3 days earlier this time (27th). Something happens to it as you get closer to the end of the schedule that makes it crash.

EricW

APDL Beta Team
I can't replicate it. Maybe Neal can find something under the hood.

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
Don't tap it 14 times either. That will make it crash too.

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
I wonder how many people tapped it 14 times JUST BECAUSE you said not to? Like the "Wet Paint" sign theory...
Sadly it's not a joke. On my iPad Air precisely 14 taps on that particular screen will crash it every single time.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
We are aware of the numerous taps to crash issue, it is logged to fix.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
It is not a high priority fix, it's a complex issue to dig into, just know we are aware of it but I don't envision this being fixed in the very near future. We looked into it, we have an idea of where this started (i.e. changes that affected it (next/prior rest graphs) but I don't know when this will get addressed as we have much higher priority issues to address first. FYI

ibrubeer

Regarding my initial post, I still see a strange graph when checking legality sometimes. Near as I can tell, it might happen when changing days while it is still syncing?

image.png

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
I saw that before - with the multiple lines. A full app closure clears it.

ibrubeer

Usually, just moving forward a day or 2 away clears it. Just figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know and wanted to fix it... [;^)