Logged Legality... Next duty crash

ibrubeer

I was just looking at next month's schedule in the Legality...Next Duty screen to see how my block time changed thru the month. Got a very strange screen at one point...

f1ea19ee18fbb27154758fd093421d68.jpg

Shortly after, app crashed. Almost every time I would go back and try that same thing again, it would end up crashing as I stepped forward thru the month. I never saw that strange block time graph again, but it would usually crash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would try completely power cycling the device and test it again for the crash. My experience is this is typically a fix for most crashes.

Just Tried that. Made sure to wait for the sync to completely finish to rule that out. Stepped completely through next month day by day. Got to the last duty day, hit forward arrow 1 more time, app crashed. I know there was no reason to GO another day forward, but thought I'd try...

Tried it again. Crashed 3 days earlier this time (27th). Something happens to it as you get closer to the end of the schedule that makes it crash.

I can't replicate it. Maybe Neal can find something under the hood.

Don't tap it 14 times either. That will make it crash too.

I wonder how many people tapped it 14 times JUST BECAUSE you said not to? Like the "Wet Paint" sign theory...

I wonder how many people tapped it 14 times JUST BECAUSE you said not to? Like the "Wet Paint" sign theory...
Sadly it's not a joke. On my iPad Air precisely 14 taps on that particular screen will crash it every single time. [emoji90]

Sadly it's not a joke. On my iPad Air precisely 14 taps on that particular screen will crash it every single time. [emoji90]

I know it's not, I remember when you first reported it.

Sorry. I didn't remember this being previously reported...
No i meant the excessive taps thing. It may not have been this exact thing but I know he was talking about excessive taps on something at some point.

It is not a high priority fix, it's a complex issue to dig into, just know we are aware of it but I don't envision this being fixed in the very near future. We looked into it, we have an idea of where this started (i.e. changes that affected it (next/prior rest graphs) but I don't know when this will get addressed as we have much higher priority issues to address first. FYI

Regarding my initial post, I still see a strange graph when checking legality sometimes. Near as I can tell, it might happen when changing days while it is still syncing?

image.png

Usually, just moving forward a day or 2 away clears it. Just figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know and wanted to fix it... [;^)

Back