Night Landings / Year in reports

jochs

Hi Neal,

I know I can do this with a custom counter field, but it seems that it would make sense to have a night landing column as a standard column... since vfr currencies require it for passengers at night.

As a sidebar, it always seemed very odd to me that it is not a standard column in every logbook... I, for one, don't start a new entry in my logbook when the sun sets so I can keep my night landings straight /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Another of my pet peeves is the year box at the top of the page. If a single page happens to contain entries for multiple years then that box is misleading / useless... I think the date field should contain the year (which it does) and I should be able to remove the year box from my repot if I'd like to /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Perhaps a third feature would be to have a few pre-configured currencies (just the really basic standard stuff like 3 landings in 90 days, six approaches in six months, etc)

Hehe, which brings to mind ANOTHER thing /forums/emoticons/wink.gif It is difficult to do currencies based on more than one thing... an example would be setting a currency item for a goal in training... i.e. 50 hours x-country time as pic. To work around this I created a custom time field that is labeled x-country PIC, but that causes me to log the same thing twice. Another would be 40 hours instrument... I had to create another column to cover all types of instrument instead of just saying its cumulative for sim / actual / simulator

Thanks,
James
James

James,

My response to this post is NOT to embarass you (much less can I spell it), but, you are in desperate need of upgrading your software. The latest version is 1.9.3 and the side bar of your profile says you are using 1.6.x.

1) There IS a Landings Night column /forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif There always has been a Day Landings and Night Landings column

2) The year box at the top of the reports...when the year changes, you will actually see the year value in the date column of the line where it changes. Take a look at the Jeppesen style report in 1.9.x. As you know, we can't please everyone, and this particular item is designed to be just like that of the traditional paper logs, which does have this area

3) Again, the latest version boss!!! 1.9.3 does come with the standard VFR currencies as the default. You can build from there using the new currency system (to those coming from 1.6 and prior).

Upgrades are free to 1.9.x so just go to the Logbook Pro web site and download the latest version.

I typically don't spend much time answering questions for older versions. My first response to any support question is 'are you using the latest version' and when you do use it, then give me a holler. I spend a lot of time improving the software and squashing those critters (bugs) for you, so please do me the favor in turn and use the latest version! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

On another note, I post an announcement in this forum for the latest releases AND send an e-mail to the Logbook Pro mailing list informing my friends (Logbook Pro customers) of the new releases. Please join the mailing list at the Logbook Pro web site by clicking the mailing lists link OR send a blank e-mail to:

LOGBOOKPRO-JOIN@LISTSERV.NC-SOFTWARE.COM

and you will be instantly joined, and on my good side! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks James! Thanks all for reading.

Now get that download going! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Heh, so I'm blind /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

I've been on 1.9.3 since the day it was released /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

How about the other piece, of having currencies based on more than one field?

Yes, you create a currency 'item' for each field, then you can add as many 'items' to build your currency. Watch the Currencies video now available at the Logbook Pro Video Center

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back