one more time zone question

i think this is correct from the posts i have read but just want to make sure before i make changes to 2 months of flying

based in atlanta utc -4,,,with daylight savings -5
live in florida utc -4,, with daylight savings -5
scheduals in local

apdl timezone settings
dom utc -5, daylight checked
logbook -5 daylight checked
schedules local daylight checked

=with these settings will monthly schedule (show times) be in atlanta time (utc -5)?
=with the filter on the logpage on zulu all times can be entered and shown in zulu?
=with the filter on the logpage on local all times will be shown in atlanta time(utc -5)?
=when daylight savings ends i have to uncheck all the daylight savings boxes?
=all after importing trips out/in times in LBP will be displayed in atlanta time (utc -5)?
=all trips imported or imported and flown will be incorrect and have to be manually changed if changes are made to the logbook time?
=all time calculations would be done in apdl in atlanta time (utc-5)?

thanks for beating this dead horse again just want to make sure i have it right before i change all this
thanks

In general APDL timezones should be set up in the following way.

AIRPORT TIMEZONES
  • EASTERN UTC-5
  • CENTRAL UTC-6
  • MOUTAIN UTC-7
  • PACIFIC UTC-8
If the airport participates in DST any time during the year the APPLY DAYLIGHT SAVINGS box should be checked for each individual airport.

Under PREFERENCS and TIMEZONE SETTINGS (based on you being in ATL).
  • Domicile's Timezone UTC -5 Adjust for DST checked
  • Logbook Time Zone UTC -5 Adjust for DST checked. This is the timezone that APDL will import data into LBP. You OUT and IN times are passed to LBP in this timezone.
  • Import Schedules in LOCAL (what most airlines use)
The last setting on this screen is DST is in Effect. This is the only change you need to make twice a year. Currently, this box should be checked.

with these settings will monthly schedule (show times) be in atlanta time (utc -5)?
Yes, with the settings listed above​
with the filter on the logpage on zulu all times can be entered and shown in zulu?
YES​

with the filter on the logpage on local all times will be shown in atlanta time(utc -5)?
No, they will be shown in the specific's airport Local time. e.g if you were flying from ATL to SFO the program would show your Departure in ATL time and your scheduled arrival time in SFO time.​
when daylight savings ends i have to uncheck all the daylight savings boxes?
No, Please see above on how to configure your airports and timezones​
all after importing trips out/in times in LBP will be displayed in atlanta time (utc -5)?
Yes, if set up as indicated above​
all trips imported or imported and flown will be incorrect and have to be manually changed if changes are made to the logbook time?
APDL data may have to corrected on the PDA. All times that have been transferred to LBP will not be affect. You will need to manually change those as well or reimport them after correct them on your PDA.​
all time calculations would be done in apdl in atlanta time (utc-5)?
Yes​

Back