Palm OS Can't import trips with Vista

rmcgrath

Is anyone else having a problem with importing trips with Vista? Everything was fine until Comair changed to eMaestro and i was forced to use the online version of schedule importer, instead of the desktop applet that I was using for years. Now that I have to use the Palm QuickInstall for the .pdb files that are made with the new schedule importer, I can't get the file to load.
If I click on the file directly, iy opens QuickInstall but I get a message saying that it can't find the file "Name of the file I just clicked on". If I go through the "Add" button in QuickInstall, it shows the file to be added on the next hotsync. When I hot sync, though, it terminates immediately and gives me a message "HotSync Error: An application cancelled sychronization or failed to respond to a HotSync notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)"
Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Thanks.

Rob

Eric,
Thanks for the link to the KB96. I wasn't able to get to palmgear's web site. It never loaded the page. I'll try again tomorrow. If it works, great. My question though is, why do we have to create the file that has to be installed with Quick Install in the first place? The desktop applet didn't have to do that and was much simpler. Copy and paste the trip, click done and at the next hotsync, the trip gets added. It seems to me the process went backwards with the web-only version of schedule importer.

Eric,
I have an update. I never was able to get to palmgear's web site but this morning I tried something else. I closed HotSync and reopened it as an administrator and also opened QuickInstall as an administrator. Then, using the "add" button on quick install, I added the trip. Closed quick install and ran the hot sync. It went through normally and the trip is now in APDL. Pass that along to anyone else who is having this trouble. Thanks.

Rob

Back