"PC Data Missing" on PPC with Win Mobile 5.0

oplsam

Hi Folks

As I noticed on another thread posted by someone with a different OS, some users encoutered problems synchronising data with the PC.
I have the same problem.
I'm holding a Qtek S200, with Win Mobile 5.O, Logbook Pro version 1.9.9 and the Pocket PC PDA Companion version 1.10.8.
I tried everything : starting then closing the PC version (as the PDA was asking), uninstalling and reinstalling both versions (and deleting all related files). No way ...
Is the Pocket PC version compatible with Win Mobile 5.0 ??
Here's the exact message I'm getting : "PC Data Missing - Unable to locate logbook data from PC".
I had a Palm previously, and it was working perfectly. I bought now the Pocket PC version, but problems, problems, problems ...

Heeeeeeeeeeelp !!!

Hello,

If you are able to launch and see Logbook Pro's startup screen, then the main switchboard, you have the .NET Compact Framework 2 installed AND Logbook Pro IS running on the Pocket PC, hence it is compatible with Windows Mobile 5 and running fine. The problem you have is that your PC is not communicating with the Pocket PC via ActiveSync. I am assuming you have the latest version of ActiveSync installed which is 4.1 for use with Windows Mobile 5. Please see our KB article on ActiveSync communication problems.

Hello,

Looked at KB article as advised and as I have windows firewall, did exactly the same as advised in the article. Still getting the message "PC data missing: Unable to locate Logbook Pro data from PC. Start then Close Logbook Pro on your PC to send data o this device automatically".

I've been trying this for days now, with re-installing and performing several re-installations.
Anyone with a simple solution????

Uninstall "Logbook Pro Pocket PC Companion" from your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area. This will also bring up the ActiveSync Add/Remove programs area, when you see that dialog, click "NC Software Logbook Pro" then click the Remove button.

On your Pocket PC, using File Explorer, delete these two folders:

/My Documents/Logbook Pro
/Program Files/Logbook Pro

(Of course, only delete the Logbook Pro sub-folder)

After that is completed AND you verified the .NET COMPACT Framework v2 is installed on your device (see this article for more info) reinstall the latest download of the Logbook Pro Pocket PC Companion from this web site. After this is completed and you confirmed also that Logbook Pro for Windows 1.10.23 is on your PC and you also have the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed on your PC, start then close Logbook Pro, then launch Logbook Pro on the Pocket PC.

I have the .NET COMPACT Framework version 2 and Logbook Pro Pocket PC Companion version 1.10.14 installed on my device and Logbook Pro for Windows 1.10.23 and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed on my PC. I've done exactly what you recommended above three times now, and still no result. Still getting ""PC Data Missing: Unable to locate etc etc"".
I can also sync everything with my device through Microsoft ActiveSync version 4.1.0 except Logbook Pro. This is the only application which will not sync.

Do you have the following folders on your device?

/Program Files/Logbook Pro (contains one file "Logbook Pro.exe")
/My Documents/Logbook Pro (any files in here???)

When you close Logbook Pro on the PC and your PPC is cradled and connected via ActiveSync, a file will appear under /My Documents. When Logbook Pro is launched on the PPC, the file will be moved to /My Documents/Logbook Pro.

If you experience any problems, please check the following KB article for additional troubleshooting.

Found the subfolder Logbook Pro in another folder (dutch named folder equivalent to program files). Made a copy of subfolder Logbook Pro and contents "Logbook Pro.exe" in the Program Files (english) folder and re-tried. Finally it is working on my PDA.
Many thanks for the trouble shooting and advises.

Regards

crbloem said:
Found the subfolder Logbook Pro in another folder (dutch named folder equivalent to program files). Made a copy of subfolder Logbook Pro and contents "Logbook Pro.exe" in the Program Files (english) folder and re-tried. Finally it is working on my PDA.
Many thanks for the trouble shooting and advises.

Regards

Great job isolating that! I will make a note in the KB article on this and also look at alternate ways of coding the checks from the PC side to get around this scenario.

Back