PDADuptimes takes forever when doing a sync

mpearson

since installing 1.9.8 when I sync my Clie it seems to take forever to work its way through a portion called PDADup times. Is anyone else having this problem or know why it takes so long?
I have the Enterprise version of logbook pro but only one file to Sync.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sync for any of the versions/devices should be quite brief and not have any delays evident. If you are seeing a hold up on a particular item, I suggest removing and reinstalling to see if that resolves your issue.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I will try reinstalling the pda software although I thinkI tried this before.
I'll let you know if it works.
Thanks
Mike

Neil, I took your advice and reinstalled the PDA Companion software to the point that I had to re-input the serial number. No Joy! I timed the sync time on the PDADupTimes and it took 7 minutes to move on to other things. This didn't happen prior to 1.9.8.
There was also a pause in the sync while doing PDADupTimes then the sync continued but still took time to complete.
I'm not sure what to do next. everything else is working fine. It just takes a long time to complete the sync process.
Mike

Hi Mike,

I am not seeing this at all in Palm or Pocket PC during Sync's. Please e-mail a backup of your Logbook Pro data file to support@nc-software.com and I'll see what's going on and try to repro the issue. The PDADupTimes table is a very small data portion that should not take more then a nano-second to sync as there's not much there!

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back