Req: Auto-forward when entering OOOI

diedrichg

APDL Beta Team
Several workflow suggestions actually...

Auto-forward when entering START/END
Replication:
1. Use the Time Calculator
2. Enter a Start time
3. expected function: after entering the 4th digit in the Start box the cursor will automatically jump to the End time box

Change the function of the OOOI +/-
* When pressing the +/- it changes the date (as noted in grey below the OOOI lines).
* If you are logging OOOI for a pending flight on a certain date, why would you need to change the date on the OOOI entry lines? Shouldn't the +/- serve to change the "minutes" in the OOOI, not the date? I understand you can use the clock icon but why do you need to change the date? Isn't logging OOOI a "one flight per logbook line" technique? I see the date +/- as redundant and possibly conflicting with the flight date at the top of the pending flight.

3. expected function: after entering the 4th digit in the Start box the cursor will automatically jump to the End time box

I've thought about this many times before but the problem is when you try to edit that 4th digit and the focus keeps changing to the End Time box. I'll have to give it a try and see if it becomes a fight in keeping focus for the edit. For example you enter 1209 and you mean 1208 and then you tap into it and it says "I have four digits, move to End Time".

* If you are logging OOOI for a pending flight on a certain date, why would you need to change the date on the OOOI entry lines? Shouldn't the +/- serve to change the "minutes" in the OOOI, not the date? I understand you can use the clock icon but why do you need to change the date? Isn't logging OOOI a "one flight per logbook line" technique? I see the date +/- as redundant and possibly conflicting with the flight date at the top of the pending flight.

Midnight crossover. I have to redo the OOOI inputs completely which is holding up this release, there is a giant bug with them when text is zoomed to the max. I'm thinking about doing away with the date part altogether as done in other areas of NC Software where we simply evaluate if IN is earlier than OUT then it's an obvious date rollover. I have to think it through as the time zone conversions play as well. I really want to completely rewrite this app!!!! But it's all about time and priorities, I can't keep rewriting everything and it works well, I just have so many betters ways of doing things just no time to do it!

1. Oh! Right. Good thinking. Yeah, I was just curious if the newest iOS versions gave you better control of such events.

2. Completely understand and clearly you've thought all of this through. Just wanted to share my $0.02

Your $.02 is extremely valuable, never NOT post it -- please!

I have thought about the start/end time focus issue so many times, I just need to give it a try. Anything is possible in code, it's whether it's worth the time. Nothing is short in coding NOTHING! All developers say "oh, I can do that in X time" and it takes 2-4 times that ALWAYS!

Back