Unable to print any reports LBP Desktop

fredrok

No matter what reports I choose or what date spread, I get the message "building report, please wait" and that's it. I've given it up to 5 minutes and there's no hdd churning if that matters.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Fred,

It sounds like a driver in Windows may be on the fritz. Try rebooting first, also make sure you have a default printer assigned in Windows. If all that checks good then uninstall, reboot, then download the latest from NC Software Downloads and reinstall and see if that helps at all. If not, send us a support ticket and we'll see what we can determine from there.

Neal, thank you for the quick response as usual. It wouldn't even generate the report so I'm not so inclined to think printer drivers (although my subject could have been worded better). However, I just uninstalled and re installed as you suggested and it's working good now. I'm the idiot as I should have tried that before pinging you anyway especially since I recently had to do that to Route Browser.

Thanks again, Fred

I do not think you are an idiot, Fred. I have the same problem as you described, but I found out, that even if you can't see the reports on the screen it prints all right. I found a workaround to this: After makinjg a report; save it. With the open report function it will now show up on the screen. It must be a bug some how, because I have not seen this in the earlier versions.

Best regards, Alan

I do not think you are an idiot, Fred. I have the same problem as you described, but I found out, that even if you can't see the reports on the screen it prints all right. I found a workaround to this: After makinjg a report; save it. With the open report function it will now show up on the screen. It must be a bug some how, because I have not seen this in the earlier versions.

Best regards, Alan

Great, thank you for the input Alan. I will keep it in mind if the issue reoccurs.

I can reproduce this at any time with all reports, but the zooming does not make the reports visible. Only saving and open the saved report will make the reports visible.
Alan

Back