Version 1.8 reports dead

seaquest

Just did the upgrade to version 1.8. None of the reports work anymore. You select any report and end up with nothing. Just the grey screen and the STOP PROCESSING button. The report is never generated ... help!! How do I switch back to version 1.7??

It's not a problem with version 1.8, it's an installation issue on your system that we need to focus on.

Uninstall Logbook Pro. Reboot

Delete the lbrepts.dll file from the windows\system32 folder

Reinstall (download the full install).

See if the reports work now. If not, try to manually register the DLL by doing the following:

Click Start...Run

Type in (copy/paste from this line):

C:\Windows\System32\RegSvr32 C:\Windows\System32\LBRepts.DLL

Click OK

You should get a succeeded message.

See if the reports run now.

There is no way to regress Logbook Pro. Again, this is not a issue with 1.8. 1.8 has been thoroughly tested and no report issues were reported by the beta teams.

Are other areas working normal, such as Data Entry, Analyzer, Explorer, etc.?

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

There is no copy of LBRepts.DLL in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 there is a copy in C:\PROGRAM FILES\LOGBOOK PRO

Jim

Looks like nothing is working except the explorer view. Anlayser doesn't work and none of the reports are working. There has to be a way to revert back?? Can I wipe the folder and reinstall from the previous version? I see it seems to have backed up my data before running the 'upgrade'.

Jim,

I just sent you an e-mail, but for the community:

I think you have a database issue, not a reports issue. Sounds like your DAO is not registering.

Review and install the two updates from the URL referenced below, MDAC 2.6 and JET4:

ecommunity.nc-software.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266

However, I think this is a DAO issue. If the above fails, I'd like you to uninstall Logbook Pro.

Click Start...Run and type in the following (copy/paste)

C:\Windows\System32\RegSvr32 /u 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL'

Click OK to execute this, you'll get the unregister succeeded.

Reboot

Reinstall 1.8

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Nothing!! This is really frustrating. Everything was working like a charm until I did the 1.8 upgrade. Now nothing works.

E-mail me a backup of your data file. Or, find your existing .LBK file and winzip compress it and e-mail it to support@nc-software.com and let me verify the upgrade completed successfully on it. Yes, I know it's frustrating, Windows is frustrating! Logbook Pro version 2 is not going to have these problems as it will be a different system of registration that doesn't have these problems!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

For those following this thread, we handled this offline via e-mail. The issue was a simple registration issue within Windows on this particular system. The registration was taken care of manually via a command I told this user to run and all works perfectly now.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal understated this a tad! True it was a simple registration issue but he busted his backside to figure out which system DLL was causing the problem. He really came through in the crunch! Thanks Neal for the exceptional level of support.

Neal, as we discussed, it looks like the analyser is still dead following the upgrade. I read another post that says you are working on 1.8.4, any chance that will resolve my problem?

I just posted 1.8.4, you can download the patch and attempt a PATCH update:

download.logbookpro.com/lbpropatch.exe
(3.8 MB)

I have not yet figured out why the Analyzer is not working on your system. Have you tried your laptop computer?

I am still thinking about this...I have NOT forgotten about you, I just don't know what to do to get your system fixed on this one with all we went through thus far.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Yes it works on the laptop with no problem. The only difference between the two systems is that the Laptop didn't upgrade because it didn't previously have Logbook Pro installed. In other words it went straight to 1.8 as a fresh install. The desktop system that has problems did an upgrade. I've been using the software for a long time so it has had many upgrades to Logbook Pro over the past few years.

Back