Windows Mobile 5

nonstop

Running the trial on WM5. Seems to run OK (although slow on a 400mhz+ proc). One issue so far:

Deleting a leg deletes the entire day.

Also I know on the Palm you could have it import your schedule to the calander, is there any intentions to add this feature to the windows version?

nonstop said:
Running the trial on WM5. Seems to run OK (although slow on a 400mhz+ proc). One issue so far:

Deleting a leg deletes the entire day.

Also I know on the Palm you could have it import your schedule to the calander, is there any intentions to add this feature to the windows version?
Hello,

Windows Mobile 5 has not been tested and is therefore not supported in either APDL or Logbook Pro. It appears Sprint PCS has released their devices using a beta of ActiveSync 4. Until it is official (from Microsoft) and we conduct our testing, we will be unable to officially support WM 5.

Axims & Wm5

My new Dell Axim shipped with windows mobile 5.0 and ms activesync 4.0 any word on support?

Hello,

Nothing to announce at this time. It is still unsupported until further notice. We will work hard to support the new OS and ActiveSync as soon as we can. We will announce compatibility when available.

Microsoft has added this post regarding ActiveSync 4.0. Firewall and antivirus settings may be effecting the "grayed" Pocket PC buttons in APDL SingleSync and the Schedule Importer.

CMS_spacer.gif
ActiveSync 4.0 USB Connection Troubleshooting Guide

(http://www.Microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx)

Let us know if these changes enable allow you to select "Pocket PC" in either the Schedule Importer or APDL SingleSync.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Is there any news to report on the WM5 front? I was expecting a WM5 version to be out before my trial expired, but I'm beginning to fear I'll have to find another logbook solution and just re-enter my data from the last 2 months.

Will WM5 upgrade be free?

My trial is about to run out and I'm considering purchasing ADPL despite it lacking total WM5 support. I don't want to have to go through and re-log all my time with another program.

When a WM5 compatible version is finally released will Windows Mobile users be able to upgrade for free or will they be forced to purchase another version?

nonstop said:
My trial is about to run out and I'm considering purchasing ADPL despite it lacking total WM5 support. I don't want to have to go through and re-log all my time with another program.

When a WM5 compatible version is finally released will Windows Mobile users be able to upgrade for free or will they be forced to purchase another version?
Hello,

Any version of Windows Mobile 5 falls under the "APDL Pocket PC Edition" license, therefore it is the same product and will not require additional purchase unless you intend to use APDL on multiple devices, in that case each device requires its own unique license/activation.

Back