Potential Buyer with a couple of questions:-

Steve Mackay

I'm working my way through my ratings and I figure I need to get my logbook in electronic format for all the reasons I am sure everyone else needs it. I downloaded the demo and have been messing with it, but i have a couple of questions:-

1. Is Logbook Pro compatible with windows XP?

2. Is there a way to keep track of my instructor costs. ie my instructor charges $35 per hour so I need some way of multiplying my instructor rate by my flight time in the same way flight cost is calculated. How can this be done?

3. Can I have 2 different costs assigned to 1 aircraft? For instance to rent a C152 used to be $55/hr but this summer, lets say 6/1/2002, they put up the price to $60/hr. Therefore I want all C152 costs pre 6/1/2002 to be calculated using $55/hr and anything after that date to be calculated using $60/hr. Can this be done?

I think that is about it for now. It looks a nice piece of database programming from what I can see.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

To respond to your questions:

1. Is Logbook Pro compatible with windows XP?
Yes, it sure is.

2. Is there a way to keep track of my instructor costs. ie my instructor charges $35 per hour so I need some way of multiplying my instructor rate by my flight time in the same way flight cost is calculated. How can this be done?
You can certainly keep track of the expenses by creating a Custom Expense field in the Options...Custom area. However, there is no way to auto-calculate this figure within Logbook Pro.

3. Can I have 2 different costs assigned to 1 aircraft? For instance to rent a C152 used to be $55/hr but this summer, lets say 6/1/2002, they put up the price to $60/hr. Therefore I want all C152 costs pre 6/1/2002 to be calculated using $55/hr and anything after that date to be calculated using $60/hr. Can this be done?
Not for auto-calculations, at this time you can only assign one cost/hr for calculations at the time of flight entry. The flight cost is only calculated when a duration value is set/changed, therefore you cannot flow prior values or update existing values if you change the price. What you could do is export your data to a program such as Microsoft Excel, do the formula magic, then import the data back into Logbook Pro.

Hope this helps!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back